835 Viper motor into XTC

MURDER YAMAHA

VIP Life Member
I have an 835 sitting around that needs a home.
Thinking of putting it in my XTC.
Will need to change bulkhead to fit triple pipes, will original belly pan still rivet to a srx or viper bulkhead?
I know i will have to get creative with pipe fitment.

Anyone else have input on this ?
I would think its just going to be a pipe fitment issue if I can put a Viper Bulkhead into my XTC chassis.

My thought is that only one chassis is used for all 3 proaction sleds. (SX, SRX, Viper)
So, if that's true, then any bulkhead should fit in the chassis.
Also, in theory, you should be able to take any style belly pan, and rivet it on any combo.

Correct ?

Last edited:
I would think its just going to be a pipe fitment issue if I can put a Viper Bulkhead into my XTC chassis.

My thought is that only one chassis is used for all 3 proaction sleds. (SX, SRX, Viper)
Also, in theory, you should be able to take any style belly pan, and rivet it on any combo.

Correct ?

chassis are the same, these easiest would be to change the lower belly plastics to a SRX and install a SRX hood, otherwise you will be cutting the stock XTC plastics and hood to make the pipes fit. Unless your getting custom pipes made of course.

Gotta keep the XTC look. These sleds take triple pipes under the stock hood, so I think I can heat and bend these Bender Viper pipes to fit under existing hood as well, but I’m sure it will take some work....

Correct ?

I’m pretty sure there is a difference in the SRX vs Viperpart of the bulkhead where the front shocks mount to. I say this because inorder to Viperize an SRX, the top shock mounts are relocated higher on thebulkhead to accommodate the longer Viper shocks (and also different style of mount). This may prove to be an issuewhen fitting the pipes.

I am in no way trying to be a "negative Nancy" but I'm not sure Benders 835 motor (SRX or Viper) will live long with their regular triple pipes. I was told by the original engine builder (JF) that the original (SRX example) pipes simply don't move enough air so you would not gain any of the increased bore and porting benefits. I have a spare set of 835 cylinders and SLP Viper pipes as well and always wanted to "try" and see what the outcome would be!

Good point there.
This sled will be only rode maybe 50 miles a year tops. I have lots of others to trail ride. I am just looking for a unique project and always wanted this particular sled, to be the fastest in my stable. If I can muster 170 Hp out of it, will be totally happy.
Just need to make sure I can get pipes to fit, and power valves wont touch the hood.

I am in no way trying to be a "negative Nancy" but I'm not sure Benders 835 motor (SRX or Viper) will live long with their regular triple pipes. I was told by the original engine builder (JF) that the original (SRX example) pipes simply don't move enough air so you would not gain any of the increased bore and porting benefits. I have a spare set of 835 cylinders and SLP Viper pipes as well and always wanted to "try" and see what the outcome would be!
If i am informed right, there are no ”835 pipes” to Viper. To SRX Bender made BB pipes but they wont fit the Viper cylinders or chassie

Last edited:
For what it's worth, I have not seen a 835 Viper personally but I have seen an 835 Viper mountain that was for sale in the snow west classifieds so I believe the pipes exist.

For what it's worth, I have not seen a 835 Viper personally but I have seen an 835 Viper mountain that was for sale in the snow west classifieds so I believe the pipes exist.
I have the 835 kit for Viper. There is no BB pipes, trust me.. Use the search funktion here on the board and you will find the same answear..

Yes, I am fully aware there are no BB pipes for the Viper, mine are regular Bender VIP Triple pipes for the Viper.
That's all they ever used with the Viper 835 motor.
Mr. Viper told me they will not restrict power, but that SRX BB pipes can make more power.
But, that's irrelevant for my situation anyhow.

I think this is very doable by just swapping the bulkhead to a Viper bulkhead.
I have also read that you can use the lower half of a Viper airbox, and the upper part of a 700 SX airbox.
The only real hiccup will be getting the Viper Pipes to fit in the XTC chassis.

Respectfully to all, Google 2001 Viper 835 and take a look. As well, Full power performance has/had a BB835 Viper for sale WITH BB pipes, reverse, sooo...

Kinda scary to think someone with an 835 thinks that his Viper is a 2001, being that 2002 was the first year.
The pipes look hand built to me.

Attachments

• 6C49B701-8D64-4744-B513-3CD6B8DC63ED.jpeg
    6C49B701-8D64-4744-B513-3CD6B8DC63ED.jpeg
    13 KB · Views: 66
Unsure myself. Hard to see but it "looks" like a Bender nameplate welded on the pipes? They certain look like larger expansion chambers than the regular Viper tripple pipes. The "2001" reference made me laugh as well!

Most logical answer would be its a SRX 835 in a Viper sled and they are the bender BB SRX pipes.
Although, who knows how those would fit...

I think the reason he claims its a 2001 Viper is because the sticker on the tunnel says the date of manufacture. I just checked my tunnel sticker and it shows June 2001.
---mac---

Back