1999 SRX 700 skid help

Caperdiesel

I have a 1999 SRX 700se that has been sitting for a while, I just brought it out of the barn and noticed the front shock on the skid is broken off the bottom mount. I can't seem to find much online for replacement parts. Wondering what my options are. If I can replace the shaft that the bottom of the shock mounts to, along with a new shock. Or if it's just better to looks for a new skid, possible a better riding one.
Any info is appreciated. Thanks

Is it running ? I would start there as you should be into a full rebuild at this age on Track and bearings on drive see if it ruined the inside of the track.Pull skid and weld the axle back if it did not ruin the rails. Its up to you how far you want to go for a trail sled or just a local beater .

Yes it does run, has been used by family last three winters around the farm. The track is only three years old but has some wear from the shock rubbing. The rails and axel look fine. It just where the bottom of the shock attached. Pictures to follow.

Ya pretty common thing too happen you will see if the holes are oblonged when you remove bolts for that axle/shock mount from the rails.A search will show a lot of fixes on here.

the shocks from any sx sled as well as the 03-04 rx1 will work in there for the front shock from what i have seen. the rear shock can be up graded to the sxr, viper and rx as well if you want but there is a relocation that has to happen for the tranfer rod to go to the 11.5" travel shock that is here on the site when you search.

examine the w arm for cracks for sure but it only looks like you need the shock. i would keep an eye on the track and burn the marks with a torch to seal them and just keep running the track as it seems to be a lower milage annually loaner sled.

Yep the axle that holds the shock and the limit straps is broke at the rail.I used shoegoo on a track once that had the same damage. It has too all come out to fix without killing yourself,at that point drop something better in it imo.

Back