SRX skid set up for speed

nick5oh

Big wheels in the back? How big? What kit?
I read a post on here today....something from mr viper about extra or bigger idlers? 5.350 or 5.375 or something? Which wheel position exactly?
Also I have bender transfer rods installed on the skid. Don’t know if there setup correctly or how to go about setting them up so advice there would be appreciated.
Thanks guys

Did a bunch of research and found yes....6 Polaris wheels and 3/4 old Srx 7.5” rear wheels. Wondering about a fully clipped heavy 1” hacksaw or the lighter every 3rd clipped 1” 33lb hacksaw?

Why do you say that?

I was told the fully clipped tracks are stronger for the rotating mass of the studs. And I think the hyfax wear is better on them too.. I think the reduction of clips don't do anything but wear on the track more from the slides. If you drive it slow and are only studding it for icey conditions, I dont think it will even matter.

on the 1-1/4" ice ripper that was clipped every 3rd i had on my 05 rx war, it would drag something feirce if there was low snow conditions. i put clips on it and it was vastly improved for friction when turning it.

Mine is clipped every 3rd, but when coupled with larger wheels, I think you get the best of both worlds.

Back