Clutching for the wife.

Mortagleus

Yes I know the srx is not a learner sled... but it is what i have and my wife has told me for the last few months that she wants to go sledding with me. So before I go out and buy her a newer 4 stroke (and myself) I need to get her out for atleast a couple trips down the trail. What kind of set up would I need to do to make the engagement of the clutching as smooth as possible, ( she already agreed to spending the money :) but i dont want to spend it if she not gonna ride. Looking at something like 16 vector xtx with eps. Thank you, happy wife, happier trails!

Do you have another option for a sled for her. That SRX is a big sled with no suspension. You want to stack the deck in your favor as much as you can.

Do you have another option for a sled for her. That SRX is a big sled with no suspension. You want to stack the deck in your favor as much as you can.

No other sled. We are 30 seconds from Lake Couchiching, and from there I'll take her on some trails. The moment she starts suggesting (on her own) or making sledding plans for the weekends, Ill pick up a newer sled, one that will really keep her happy.

Very true and great idea! The wrong ride, the wrong trail and she will be saying "this isnt for me" like super1c said stack the deck, maybe a buddy has something with a suspension you can lighten up for a weekend, or maybe if she just like pushing on the throttle and going fast take her out to a nice frozen lake. SRX isn't made for comfort.

Man, I don't know.
I really enjoy riding my SRX in the ditches around here, not much difference can be felt for me between my SRX and Long travel SX.

Back