Which Amsoil 2-stroke oil?

Jack99

For 1999 Yamaha Venture Triple 600 2-up for mild trails / mild fast speed on open space riding. And, rarely drive it above 3/4 throttle.

Mid last winter, I starting using Amsoil Synthetic 2-stroke oil. Picture on its bottle shows snowmobile and boat. Since my sled doesn't have power valves, should I continue to use this general grade Injection oil? Or, use Amsoil Synthetic Interceptor Oil (which is blend cleaner / for power valves) instead?

thanks.

any synthetic is better than regular oil. just need to check that it does not use more than spec as it can cause power loss. had that happen with an oil injected 25 hp yam.

Last edited:
Thanks for your reply.

Based on your feedback, sounds like I should continue to use lower cost Amosoil Synthetic blend for sled and boats - instead of using higher cost Amsoil Interceptor blend = which is made for sleds with exhaust valves.

I have an Amsoil synthetic oil but it is a gold colour not blue like the regular Yamaha stuff which is what I currently use. Is that OK to run.

Being the top tier product of 2-stroke oil grouping, I'm sure Interceptor is near bullet proof stuff for most older age sled engines. Being a non-power valve engine, I wonder if it's a waste of dollars? re: For one's general vehicle engine, one buys premium gasoline at much more expensive price when regular mixture is more than enough. Especially since regular mixture of Amsoil 2-stoke Injection oil exceeds OEM specs anyway. Why waste dollars for better product when one doesn't need to?

Last edited:
well i have 4 different 2 stoke motors to keep oil in. 3 are not power valve motors and i know the et410 has seen everything from cheap walmart/canadian tire injection oil to amsoil dominator oil in it. i have not really noticed any difference in oil consumption on the vk540, et340 or the et410. on my fathers sx venture with the power valve motor, you can really notice the oil quality when it is time to clean the power valves. good oil, easy clean. bad oil, holy crap is being polite.

No power valves in my Venture sled. Do I need to waste the higher cost of Interceptor oil on it? I'd rather spend my limited dollars on other things. Thus, think I will stick with general grade lower cost Amsoil Oil Injection blend for my 1999 sled.

Back