Viper shocks on SRX

Seth437

Hey Guys,
So I’m looking to add some viper (both rear) shocks to my SRX, I have read a few things about this swap but I am not totally clear on a few things about the swap... can I use my existing SRX skid, are the skids the same? If so what needs to be changed on my SRX skid to make the viper shocks go on and work correctly. Also I have read that different year vipers have different valving. Can anyone give some insight on that subject ie... what year viper shocks would be best ifor the SRX. I guess I’d say I’m an aggressive trail rider on mostly decent trails. Not looking for snocross type of valving. Basically want a nicer over all ride I’m running ohlins fronts with the upper bracket flipped over and swapped sides so I’m hoping the end result will leave me at a level ride height after I add the viper shocks. Also wanted to ask about the rx1 shocks, if they will fit and if that is a better option. Ideally I would love to find a set ohlins for the skid on this sled but they are very rarely for sale. I missed out on a set that was on eBay last winter. Should have bought them. If anyone has a set please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

Hey Guys,
So I’m looking to add some viper (both rear) shocks to my SRX, I have read a few things about this swap but I am not totally clear on a few things about the swap... can I use my existing SRX skid, are the skids the same? If so what needs to be changed on my SRX skid to make the viper shocks go on and work correctly. Also I have read that different year vipers have different valving. Can anyone give some insight on that subject ie... what year viper shocks would be best ifor the SRX. I guess I’d say I’m an aggressive trail rider on mostly decent trails. Not looking for snocross type of valving. Basically want a nicer over all ride I’m running ohlins fronts with the upper bracket flipped over and swapped sides so I’m hoping the end result will leave me at a level ride height after I add the viper shocks. Also wanted to ask about the rx1 shocks, if they will fit and if that is a better option. Ideally I would love to find a set ohlins for the skid on this sled but they are very rarely for sale. I missed out on a set that was on eBay last winter. Should have bought them. If anyone has a set please let me know.

Thanks in advance!

You will also need the longer Viper transfer rods. If you're buying used shocks (most likely), I'd suggest sending them to someone like Pioneer and have them rebuilt/revalved the way you like.

Back