SRX porting

Seth437

Hey guys. I’m looking into getting my 98 SRX 700 trail ported. Is there anybody on here doing it. I know mr viper was but I don’t think he is any more?? Also. What kind of HP..and over all gains do you get with a good port job. I have 93 octane available in my area. Right now it’s stock pipes bender can v force reeds. Any help is much appreciated

Thanks

First thing to raise horsepower would be to reinstall stock muffler. .(However wont sound as cool) lol

Widely know that they rob power on a SRX.

Not sure who else is doing porting anymore. Mr. Viper still has my stuff also for my XTC, but he does EXCELLENT work.

So realistically how much am I losing with that can. Are you talking 1-3 hp or mor like 10 ish. And yes it sounds so sweet. I’m will to loose 1-3 but if it’s closer to 10 then I may consider putting the boat anchor back in lol

There is a set of ported cylinders on eBay but the guy doesn’t know who did the work. I really done know what to look for in the pics but for $600 and if they are done right is a pretty good deal. Could anybody go look at those on eBay and tell me what you think and if it’s wort it or not.

The case porting is the key on a SRX from what I remember from Mr. Viper. I want to say there is about 7 hp just in the case.

This is what the guy said about them. It’s “truenorthdesigns” on eBay.

The cylinders were an aggressive Trail Port heads down 10,000 with the transfers opened in the exhaust Port matched run 8bu 00 weights with white heel clicker spring run 47.5 pilot jet 150 main jet on all three needle on 4th setting

Does that sound like he know what he’s talking about. I thought they usually leave the transfer ports alone? Not sure I want to dig that deep to do the cases right now. Maybe I’ll try these and see how it goes and do the cases next summer. Don’t even know who would do them
What kind of HP gains do you get out of a good aggressive trail port. Does this work good with stock pipes?

I would be leery of those. You don’t know how many miles on them, pistons may be past wear specs, may not be ported at all. I am no expert, but I don’t see any work done there, but really hard to tell from pics.
I have bought a “ported” redhead before, then found out it was stock...

Sweet... please let me know how it works out. Did they say what they were going to do... exhaust ports and transfer ports? Are you have it the case ported as well?

Back