SRX Power Valves

stormin norman

Just got me a 2001 SRX 700 and am going to clean the carbs and give it a tune up and will need to get educated on what I need to do to clean/ service the power valves. Can anyone give info or advice on these. Thanks.

Scrape carbon off with a razor blade the clean with green scotch brute pad and a carb cleaner. Then follow adjustment procedure in tech section.

Is it as easy as unbolting the PV from the housing. Cleaning it carefully with carb cleaner and scotch pad the reinstalling? Or are there adjustments needed after removal and install? The PVs always make me nervous since I fried a cylinder and seen the after math of a stuck PV. Thanks for the info guys

Use the link super1c posted and follow it after getting the valves clean. Super easy. Pull cover off servo, start sled and hit choke after its warmed up a bit so the rpm's drop down below 900, watch the servo and shut the sled off after you see the servo move when it idles down. Mark it in case it moves while you're adjusting and check it periodically to make sure it hasn't moved. Put a 2.5mm allen wrench on each side of the valve housing like the pic shows and then adjust cable until the housing snugs up against the allen wrenches (make sure flat part of allen wrenches are what's contacting both sides). Remove allens and tighten up.

I use a nylon wheel brush (not a wire one) in a dremel or cordless drill when cleaning the valves, works decent.

Back