Thread: Srx cobra windshield dilemma

Default Srx cobra windshield dilemma

I want to put a black cobra windy on my 98 SRX. Troubles is, it is no longer available & buying used is troublesome as most out there are for the later SRX with the dual bulb headlight which won't fit my single-bulb. I already bought a used windy that won't fit! So, what steps do I have to do to convert my 98 to dual bulb? I recall they use a different stator, can I swap in a later model stater, then just add the windy base, harness & headlight? Thanks.

That's a ton of work.
    Get a new dual bulb headlight.
    Get a dual bulb dash pod
    get an extra headlight plug and splice it in to the original so you have 2
    get 2 (22 watt or so) LED H4 bulbs (Ebay)
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes, Loaded 8DN20's, Hauck Y 51/45

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

Thanks. Got the headlight, dash and harness. Just want to swap to a black dash, hate the blue. Curious bout the stator though.

If you do just as Murder Yamaha has stated, you DONT need a different stator. Just make sure you buy the 22watt bulbs, youll be good to go

Replacing stator requires case modification, all new wiring harness and CDI, flywheel, ect. $$$$
    -------------------------
    1997 Yamaha XTC
    700 Redhead, Mr. Viper ported, CPR pipes, SRX reeds, Heelclickers, Dual bulb, LT Ohlins

1997 700 SX
    Thinned head gasket, Gutted Airbox, Reed Spacers, Bender Pipes, Viper Shocks, 51/43 helix 89L weights

2004 Viper S
    SLP pipes, peak performance head,

2001 SRX 700
    Power Inc. Pipes, Loaded 8DN20's, Hauck Y 51/45

1997 Mountain Max 700
    Black XTC Hood, Thinned Head Gasket, Gutted Air Box, Reed Stopper Notch, SLP Pipes

Okay, thank-you. Spoke with HEWLTECH and their suggestion is a LED bulb conversion. Think I'll do that. Thanks again.