helix angles

trevor1203

So im trying to understand clutching more. so i was given a 53/43 helix for my sled. i have been modding this sled all fall getting it ready for the season. how much do you think the helix will change the performance? thanks

1997 700 SX with CPR pipes, right? I remember now.
That helix should work well with your combo. I think ideal would be 51/43, but that close enough.
Did you get jetting and clutching set up yet?
This helix will shift quicker than a straight 45 helix which is what you had stock.
If you setup everything like we talked, you will be VERY happy, and that helix was the last piece of the puzzle.
Did you do head gasket mod?

Last edited:
That helix should work well with your combo. I think ideal would be 51/43, but that close enough.
This helix will shift quicker than a straight 45 helix which is what you had stock.
If you setup everything like we talked, you will be VERY happy, and that helix was the last piece of the puzzle.
Did you do head gasket mod?[/QUOTE
I have been setting up to your specs i have it all in besides the helix. But i havent done the head gasket mod because some places i go to doesnt have the best fuel and i dont want ti comprise it with the head gasket.

can you get 91 everywhere you go ?
When you swap that helix in, I would start with 70 degree twist on the spring.

Did you do head gasket mod?[/QUOTE
I have been setting up to your specs i have it all in besides the helix. But i havent done the head gasket mod because some places i go to doesnt have the best fuel and i dont want ti comprise it with the head gasket.

100% understandable.... no point in risking it until you ve accumulated some mileage and experience with your new set up

I currently have 96 studs in my track they ran good last year i had some spin but im considering adding more any opinons?

Back