78' SRX 440 power jet block off procedure

Equalizer

I'm thinking about to blocking off the power jets on a 1978 SRX [technically it's a 1980 but I'm running 1978 carbs] in hopes of making it a little easier to tune and was wondering what would be the best way to do this?
It has #310 mains and #80 power jet jets, after I do the block off what main jets would you recommend? Start with #390? [310 +80 =#390]

I was told 410's on the 540. i am just getting started but seems rich with 430 on a stand. What will you plug the hole with? I left mine installed but no wiring.

I was thinking I'd keep an eye out for a float bowl from a 'non power jet' VM36. Barring that, I guess a person could just plug the power jet 'jet' as well as the hose that goes from the float bowl to the carb bell

I'm sorry. I looked back and it was recommended to run 360's in the 540. I have 370's in there now, as that's what I had and who doesn't want to be a little conservative about jetting. I have been looking for a way to remove the the powerjet and plug the port but I left it installed for now. The wires are long gone so I don't think there is any harm to it. I have not been on the snow with it yet, but looking forward to it.

Back