Which ovation carb do I have?

dnale

VIP Member
In all of my struggles with with carb I never realized until now that I might have put 1989 jetting into a 1990+ carb. I didn't ever realize there was a difference. I know I have the 89 mains and pilot. But I can't see where it is stamped into this carb for the model. Also where even has teikei jets anymore?
50d35a336268893fa8458885d98ee40f.jpg
ffca74cb2335a1c29f42ef97eaff0c2e.jpg

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

well the 85l is part of the 1989 carb part #, so that is what i would think you have. as to the jets, looking pretty thin on the link from yamaha on here. i think yamaha canada is where i got the last ones for mt et410 with same carb but that was a few years ago.

let me know if you find a jet source as i might need it for the aeen pipe i have for mine when the stock exh fails.

I found some at Hudson's sled salvage out of NY. Granted I was looking for the 90+ models cause I was positive that was my issue. The original owner went up a jet size all around with the gutting of the airbox. I'm really just looking to get it in running condition to sell it. I feel bad selling something that doesn't run.

Well bad news. After a week waiting for parts to ship even after paying for expedited I received an email saying they don't have the parts.

Back