twin pipes for xtc 600 vmax

98vmax600

are there twin pipes out there for a 98 600 xma xtc.. i see where there is for the older style 600 motors ...
also is there anything else i can do to my suspension instead of buy transfer rods or put another suspension in ?
do you really need the rods?

I think at least PSI once made them. If you don't want to install rods, you can replace the plastic washers on the rods with thinner ones. But rods are the best.
Hauck also sells aaens twin pipes that fit the newer twins.

twin pipes are finiky for tuning and most trail riders want it more reliable and good fuel economy.

you could put the shocks from a sxr into the rear skid and move the tranfer rod into a different hole as per the instructions for long traveling a srx.

Move the transfer rod in to a different hole? Do you mean drill a new hole in the chassis?

I have PSIs for my 96 XT6. Be advised that twins should have a standard 2 into 1 exhaust if it is Trail ridden. Those things come on like line like an F-14 in full afterburner. Not for a novice as they will get you in a pickle in the blink of an eye. GYTRs in particular. PSIs ...... medium sized pickle. AAENs would be a baby dill.... mabey a gerkin.
You could probably "massage" a GYT single in there. But they are not a direct fit. They came stock on 96 XT5s & 6s. They are noticeably bigger than stock.

Last edited:
I have PSIs for my 96 XT6. Be advised that twins should have a standard 2 into 1 exhaust if it is Trail ridden. Those things come on like line like an F-14 in full afterburner. Not for a novice as they will get you in a pickle in the blink of an eye. GYTRs in particular. PSIs ...... medium sized pickle. AAENs would be a baby dill.... mabey a gerkin.
You could probably "massage" a GYT single in there. But they are not a direct fit. They came stock on 96 XT5s & 6s. They are noticeably bigger than stock.

I have/had the "baby dill/gerkin" lol..
don't make a lot of power,

i was going from memory. i remeber seeing a long travel conversion thread that had a pic of the lower mounting point for the transfer rods and on the long travel, they needed to go into the front hole. this was at least 10 years ago.

Transfer rods are same on long and short travel.
Just the white plastic washers are different.

This was the one !!! 53 and the brain is already on its way out.
Stock Vmax 600: 96.4 hp @ 7750 & 65.8 ft lbs tq @ 7500

Aaen Single: 99.4 hp @ 7500 & 69.6 ft lbs tq @ 7500

Yamaha GYT Single: 97.9 hp @ 8000 & 66.2 ft lbs tq @ 7500

SLP Twins: 108.8 hp @ 7750 & 73.2 ft lbs tq @ 7750

PSI Twins: 107.1 hp @ 8250 & 68.6 ft lbs tq @ 8000

RPC Twins: 106.7 hp @ 8250 & 67.9 ft lbs tq @ 8250

Bender Twins: 108.3 @ 7750 & 73.4 ft lbs tq @ 7750

Lol, I here ya there... 45 here and don't know what I did 3 days ago...lol

Now, I assume your numbers are for 1996 Vmax and previous correct ?
I think he has a 1998.
Think the only twin pipes ever made for the 1997-1998 600 twins were Aaen, PSI, and maybe DG ?

Back