Antifreeze change in 5 min

Vincent

Don't know if anyone has ever done this, but I wanted to change my antifreeze without dealing with the complete draining of the system and then running and then venting trapped air bubbles etc....

So all I did was removed the hose that goes to the fake thermostat housing, and installed another hose that led to a bucket. I held the hose I disconnected high up, and started pooring fresh antifreeze down it. Only took about 3L of antifreeze before the colour coming out of the top of the engine was fresh stuff.. Reconnected the hose to the thermostat housing and toped up the antifreeze at the fill cap ( took very little) witch is the highest point in the system and Done! Took less then 5 min, and no mess or potential for trapped air bubbles anywhere.

Last edited:

Don't know if anyone has ever done this, but I wanted to change my antifreeze without dealing with the complete draining of the system and then running and then venting trapped air bubbles etc....

So all I did was removed the hose that goes to the fake thermostat housing, and installed another hose that led to a bucket. I held the hose I disconnected high up, and started pooring fresh antifreeze down it. Only took about 3L of antifreeze before the colour coming out of the top of the engine was fresh stuff.. Reconnected the hose to the thermostat housing and toped up the antifreeze at the fill cap ( took very little) witch is the highest point in the system and Done! Took less then 5 min, and no mess or potential for trapped air bubbles anywhere.

Nice tip!!

Back