et340 missing 1 secondary sheave ramp causing vibration?

scoobieguy

Hello

My ET340 has a vibration as high RPM, while checking out the secondary sheave, I noticed one of the plastic ramp is missing.

Do you think this would cause the vibration in the handlebars?
Is there a way to replace this part without taking off the chain case?

It is part #7 on the diagram below.

Thanks.
et340secondary.PNGet340secondary_2.jpg

you can change them in place on the sled. reccomend yamaha ones as the aftermarket ones do not seem to last as long. blow out your clutches with compressed air while you are at it as there probably full of belt dust witch can cause problems.

Ya I now see I could have done it on the sled, but with more cursing involved :-)
I got the secondary sheave off without removing the chain case completely. It will make it easier to clean / remove rust.

Now I'm trying to figure out how to take the sheave apart without the spring jumping at my face :-(
I was thinking of using 2 zip ties per side to compress the spring and keep compressed to remove the pin.
Almost like when you compress a coil spring when removing from a shock.

ran those for years and i always did them in place. what you are planning sounds like it will work for you.

Thanks for the confirmation it could be done in place, that is what I ended up doing.
I used zip ties to compress the spring more once I twisted the sheave back on, tough but doable without special tools.

Now if we can only more snow.

Back