Anyone still running 500-600 twins?

Considering ordering both a 23t and 24t top gear. With the 24t gear it should be theoretically be possible to achieve 177,62 km/h or 110,39 mph with this sled, that is, if it has power enough to push 4,48% overdrive, as experienced with 22/38 gearing, measured on phone gps (geotracker), and then compared to the gearing calculator found under the tech section. With about 98? hp (with hauck headgasket), custom clutching, gearing and dupont slides and a 170 pund rider, maybe, maybe.

I already bought a tempaflow 2 and I have all the gears from 20 to 24, but thanks. What kind of a sled do you have now?

It now runs somewhere between a stock sx 600 and a polaris xc 600 of the same year. The mods really wake it up. It has 22/39 gearing for now. When the river becomes hard, I'll try to gear up to 23/39 to test the top speed.

Last edited:
The ceiling of the 22/39 gearing and the powerlevel seems to be 163 km/h or 101 mph on gps. With the stock track which I blew to smitherines.

A little find. Can't blow a shock more than this I guess

Attachments

• blown.jpg
    blown.jpg
    78.6 KB · Views: 8
Got a new camoplast durasport 0,725 track for the sled, was surprised to see that it weighed half a pound more than the stock track. I've always heard that the Yokohamas were heavy. At least the sled should go as fast as before (163 km/h 101,3 mph on gps) with 22/39 gearing.

I noticed it has a leak by one of the head studs. Does that mean that the headgasket or base gasket is bad? Still runs like a champ and does not burn coolant.

The leaking is on top of the cylinder head. It comes through by a head stud, I checked that :) Not sure how the leakage of a manifold gasket would end up there? But now I'm open for just about any explanation, because if the gasket had a tear on it it would for sure let out the coolant.

Back