2003 Viper jetting and performance help needed

Yamahakid01

Hi all I have a 2003 Viper extended to 136". She ran great last year ( just bought it last year ) I have a set of VIP pipes to put on this year and I would really like help from anyone that have played around with these pipes. I have done a SRX rear cooler and Im going to pull the cylinders off and do an SRX base gasket for cooling from what I have read it does the same thing as the opticool head gasket. I'm guessing I'm also going to need help with a helix and springs so any help is greatly appreciated.

Hi all I have a 2003 Viper extended to 136". She ran great last year ( just bought it last year ) I have a set of VIP pipes to put on this year and I would really like help from anyone that have played around with these pipes. I have done a SRX rear cooler and Im going to pull the cylinders off and do an SRX base gasket for cooling from what I have read it does the same thing as the opticool head gasket. I'm guessing I'm also going to need help with a helix and springs so any help is greatly appreciated.

Who makes VIP pipes?

Bender!! but since they went out of business it's hard to call or talk to them about what's best. Just the question alone doesn't sound good for me lol but like I said I'm up for any knowledge.

What is average elevation and temps? Makes a lot of difference.
I realize I don't have the same pipes, but might be a decent starting point for you. It's simply going to take a lot of testing for you to dial in without any instructions.
I ride at an average 5000' elevation and between 15-25 F temps. With SLP's (and also Flo-rites in the dash so leans it out even more) I'm running 155 mains, stock needle settings of 3.0, and stock pilot jets (45's if I remember correctly?). I also have my fuel screws almost 3 turns out, probably could jump up a size on the pilots in all honesty. By comparison, MRSled's link is talking about 162 mains with someone else even saying 167's might be better. Must be a much lower elevation for them.

My clutching won't work for you since Benders are 8600 rpm for peak (not familiar with VIP's but assuming they have the same target) and my SLP's are 8900, plus I'm running more of a hillclimbing/track speed in powder setup and most want a drag or trail setup, but here's what I'm running anyway.
Primary: stock 8dn-10 arms with 3.1 gram rivets in both inner and outer holes, stock G-W-G spring.
Secondary: stock green spring with a straight 43° helix set at 80.
My backshift isn't the greatest, but a steeper helix and lowering weight from the outer holes just doesn't give me the track speed under load that the current setup does.

My uncle had Bender triples on his 02 short track Viper and I believe he was running 150 or 152.5 mains on his, but again we are at a pretty decent altitude.

Last edited:
So tore it apart and found a cracked cylinder and to bad pistons. Found out it has 24, 38 gearing and has 9 tooth anti ratchets. It also looks like it has apex springs pri and sec 47 degree helix not sure of the weights or rollers but if any one has something they think will work send me a message.

Back