Fuel pump?

snowhite

Hey fellows I would like to know if you guys ever noticed the triple fuel getting tired? Meaning last few years my 600 was getting finicky to start and would not run good on all three. Yes the pilots are spick and span as the rest of the carbs,so tonight I disconnected the fuel lines from the carbs and cranked the starter and noticed very poor fuel flow from 2 lines while one barely had fuel! I know there’s no rebuilding for these pumps what have you fellas done?

Fuel pump would be last on my list.
I would start with in tank fuel filter, would also check reed petals.

Check compression.

While those are not bad fuel pump symptoms, it is rebuildable. It is a Mikuni pump. Check the pulse hose.

Yep, pulse hose is what makes the vacuum to run the pump, connects under the reed cages to the case.

I think ya fellows misunderstood me! Firstly PZ1 if you have rebuilt one of these pumps I'd like to know about the kit as there is no one in Canada who has one, this pump has 6 nipples on it 3 for out 1 for pulse 1 for oil 1 for gas in , secondly I don't think the pump is a Mikuni, it has a Japanese name on it. And there is nothing wrong with the reeds nor the pulse hose or the compression. I took the pump apart and the black gaskets are semi hard and there is a clear plastic diaphragm gasket that is flexing when the engine is rolled over. So it cannot be rebuilt which would have been nice so I bought a brand new one off e bay. If it pumps the same I'll have a spare at least.

Update... as per my fuel pump question I found the answer to my idle issue which was very similar to pilot jets being dirty which they were'nt. I purchased a brand new fuel pump, installed a new fuel filter and the engine idles tops once again. Pumps do eventually wear out.

Back