2000 Srx with Bender 835

Ok,so I had the carbs gone through. Needle and seat o-rings were bad. I pulled and pulled and pulled. Nothing would not fire. Will fire when u put gas in the cylinders. Pulled air box and there is no fuel in lines, which I also replaced. Fuel line from tank to pump was empty. Blew into fuel tank,fuel comes out but only when u blow in it. Stops flowing when u stop with air. Tank has 4.5 gallons in it from empty. I can pull the filter to the neck of the tank but it won't go any farther. It's also too big around to come out the sender hole. Filter must be plugged. But I have no clue how to get it out.

Unbolt the small header from the front of the gas tank, pull the hose off, tie a rope too it, then pull the filter out of the tank...

Unbolt the small header from the front of the gas tank, pull the hose off, tie a rope too it, then pull the filter out of the tank...

Ahh yes. I will do that. I ordered a new line and filter from Babbits. Won't be here til 18th-24th of December. I'll report back

If the fuel filter doesn't cure your problem:
-check the pulse line to fuel pump
-ensure all the lines are hooked up properly on fuel pump
-check all fuel lines for cracks
-the fuel pumps are pretty reliable on these sleds but they can get plugged up and their diaphragms can fail...maybe time for a new one

I don't have my SRX anymore, but if I remember correctly the fuel line on the tank loops up before it starts down to the fuel pump. This was done as a safety precaution so the fuel wont gravity feed to the pump and potentially flood the carbs and engine when parked or being trailered. The fuel needs suction from the pump to flow from the tank so fuel wont freely flow out of the fuel line unless you are blowing in the tank or sucking on the line. If the pump is working you may have to blow in the tank to get fuel to the pump so you can start the feed process.
A full fuel tank helps to get fuel flowing as well.

If the fuel filter doesn't cure your problem:
-check the pulse line to fuel pump-check all fuel lines for cracks
For the pulse line I use standard old black reinforced fuel line. Dayco is usually what I find. Pulse lines can be deceiving. It might look absolutely fine, but partially collapses w/ every pulse.

Last edited:
So, the pulse line was rotten. I never saw it. All good now,runs great. Temp light blinks now. What could that be? Coolant is full. Blinks as soon as it starts up from being cold

If the sled is 2000 or newer it will have Throttle position sensor on the side of the carb rack. Make sure the sensor is plugged in. If the sensor is plugged in, mark its current position so you can always return it to its original position, then try loosening the screws on the TPS and rotate it slowly to see if the the code quits flashing.
If that's not the issue, you can search SRX fault codes and you should be able to decode the code that is flashing and it will pinpoint your issue.

If the sled is 2000 or newer it will have Throttle position sensor on the side of the carb rack. Make sure the sensor is plugged in. If the sensor is plugged in, mark its current position so you can always return it to its original position, then try loosening the screws on the TPS and rotate it slowly to see if the the code quits flashing.
If that's not the issue, you can search SRX fault codes and you should be able to decode the code that is flashing and it will pinpoint your issue.

Thanks. I will try this and report back

Fixed the blinking temp light issue. I forgot to plug in the variable grip warmer switch. Has new fuel lines,carbs are clean with new needle and seat o-rings,floats adjusted. Seems to run real good. Can't wait for some snow to really get after it. Thanks everyone that has chimed in.

Back