Mikuni B 38-32 Round Bowl Carb

Motito

This is my first post, so hopefully I'm not duplicating something that's already existing. I have a 1986 Excel III that just won't idle. I've cleaned the carb a couple of times and installed new parts, seals gaskets etc. It has a Mikuni b 38-32 round bowl carb. It has two rubber plugs in the bottom of the carb that I'm starting to doubt if they were installed correctly. I've looked all over the internet for info on this but can't seem to find anything. Any info would be greatly appreciated.

Not 100%, but seems like my 87 only uses 1 rubber plug and it covers the center with the pilot tube open. I need to pull that carb in the next few days anyways. They are not like the pz carbs with the plug configuration. There is a fella on here goes by jjmoneysauce. He seems to have those carbs figured out. You may want to hit him up

What is stamped on the top of the carb? It should be 8Y2-01.

I just pulled 2 carbs from 86 Excels today. The plugs were on the middle and right holes, with the big hole on the bottom. If that makes sense.

Last edited:
Thanks for your replies, I will take the carb apart one more time, clean it again, try your suggestions and see if I get better results.

Back