First gen HC, use or not?

Stoft1

Found a set of first gen heel clicker weights in the garage.
Is it dumb to use them and better to but new ones that not requires notching?

I need a good setup for HillX to my Viper with ported cylinders, Bender pipes and 38mm carburators.
A-C 3250x44mm track, nonslip 8T drivewheels and 20/38 gearing

I have theese parts avalible:
Heelclicker weights and red spring
Aaen roller with 52/48 helix and brown and green springs.
Hauck orange primary spring and hauck 45/39 helix.

And ofc the stock parts.

I have just put it together and have only made a short test run with this setup. I am using stock weights and 45/39 helix, maybe red dot on sec spring, must check that. Revs 8900-9000rpm now.
Used this setup last year with only pipes, 23/38 gearing, 3070x44mm track and had rpms at 8700 (where it should be) but it was too slow in the starts so it was hard to win the qualifying.

I can use lagret top gear but wanted to test this first, i dont need the highest top speed..

Cant find any numbers on them, they were on a SXR 700 2001.

Last edited:
The races are in ski slopes so the conditions are mostly pretty hard packed and it use to be 4-5 sharp corners so the setup has to have good backshift wich i think me currently setup have but its too slow in the starts.

Last edited:
A new set of 40-10s or Drag and flys for the SRX (that kit has the right spring)

I think the first gen was 40-7? But anyway the 2 nd gen 40-10 is the right kit to get. Pretty easy to tune with help from this site. I even made a 40-10 kit work on my 97 venture 500 liquid cooled sled.

Back