1983 Enticer 300 Twin, Rear End Sag...need some advice please. Thx

98SRXDAN

I purchased this sled a couple years ago and its in really nice condition, however the one thing that seems to need work is the rear suspension. I pulled the shock and that seems to have good pressure and rebound. When I couple the suspension it stays down unless you manually pull it up. Is the spring position to low perhaps? I see there is a higher hole on the rail for the block to mount too. Has anyone ever changed that position and if so, what was the outcome and whats the easiest way to get that done? As I know its under a lot of pressure. Thx

those only had 4" of travel total. if it is running in the middle of its travel with a rider on it, it is set correctly. if you adjust the torsion spring ends at the adjustable end to the top setting, it will ride harsher unless it compresses when the rider is on it. all my et sleds do exactly what you have described unless the shock is blown/has no nitrogen left.

So does your suspension bottom out when you sit on it? Mine seems to bottom out and does not return it stays bottomed out until you lift it up manually.

that is sounding like a binding issue. the suspensions are supposed to be pulled periodicaly for the shafts to be cleaned and greased. i have modded most of mine so that they have grease fittings now.

they only ever lift all the way to the top when you lift them normally.

you could try your springs on the stiffest setting as they could be getting weak. be sure the slider blocks are not worn through as it casues it to sit low as well.

The ET 340's had a much better suspension, the ET300's and 250's are notorious for binding and sticking. As Maim says, pulling the suspension and cleaning and greasing everything helps.

that is sounding like a binding issue. the suspensions are supposed to be pulled periodicaly for the shafts to be cleaned and greased. i have modded most of mine so that they have grease fittings now.

they only ever lift all the way to the top when you lift them normally.

you could try your springs on the stiffest setting as they could be getting weak. be sure the slider blocks are not worn through as it casues it to sit low as well.

Do you tig on nuts for the nipples?

Man, that sounds like somethin. But that's my question.

Do you tig on nuts for the nipples?

Man, that sounds like somethin. But that's my question.

i grabbed 1/8" steel pipe couplers and ground one side to fit it to the shaft sleeve better. then i welded them to the spots i picked on the suspension with a mig as i do not have a tig. i then drilled a hole through the middle of the welded couplers. i then installed 1/8" grease fittings and pumped grease until it came out the ends of the sleeves.

Back