Might have an issue

NHTodd

Ok so pulled the primary clutch to put in the new spring and such. Now I think I'm right in thinking the weights are the finger things inside that slide against the rollers on the spider. Are these supposed to be smooth or have three grooves where they touch the rollers. I'm thinking smooth and if so where do you get new ones and what weights are appropriate? It's a 600 I live at around 5 to 600 feet sea level and weigh probably around 265. Any other details you need just ask thought this was going great but keep finding new issues.
Thanks in advance,
Todd

Ok so pulled the primary clutch to put in the new spring and such. Now I think I'm right in thinking the weights are the finger things inside that slide against the rollers on the spider. Are these supposed to be smooth or have three grooves where they touch the rollers. I'm thinking smooth and if so where do you get new ones and what weights are appropriate? It's a 600 I live at around 5 to 600 feet sea level and weigh probably around 265. Any other details you need just ask thought this was going great but keep finding new issues.
Thanks in advance,
Todd

Those should be smooth, are the rollers warn out too? You can get all the parts online or at a Yamaha Dealer.

I got new rollers to put in her and such so no worries there. Just gotta get these now it's always somethin lol

So messaged the viper guy. Been trying to find these online to get an idea of price. Anybody got an idea on this just need to know what to expect.
Thanks again
Todd

Yamahapartsnation.com has pretty good pricing, but if I remember correctly shipping is a little spendy.
Had the same problem with mine several years ago, sled would over rev and only top out at about 60mph on the lake. 12yr old neighbor kid would whoop me with his polaris 440, quite embarrassing!
You'll be amazed at how much it will come back to life after getting it straightened out.

Last edited:
Itll all be new to me as this is my first sled but cant wait to see how she should run. I'm used to big bore dirt bikes. I'll check out that sight.

Ok looked at the sight but couldn't find the parts. Didnt see them at least. Not sure what exactly they're called. Didnt think it would be so hard to find these things. I'm open to any options at this point stock or otherwise I just wanna ride. Please help guys you've been great so far.

That's exactly it thank you so much now my next question would be what size rivet should I put in it?

Another problem I just realized was for the 600 xt pro action it doesn't list those parts. Will any 96 600 weights work?

Back