Might have an issue

the rivets are usually identifiable by size, appearance, and color. if you wave a gram scale you can weigh things out and decipher from there as well. you just need to allow a tare weight for bushings

Gonna go to my somewhat local dealer tomorrow and see if they have the parts hopefully this will cure the problem. Fingers crossed.

Alrighty well took the primary to the dealer today. He could get the weights from yamaha for more than the website's you guys sent me. But did find out that those arms are used by quite a few different sleds so they do interchange so that's good. On the bad side the bushing was shot on the spider so more expense to have it separated. He did recommend seeing if I could find a used clutch if possible. So gotta figure out which way I wanna go with it.

the bushing was shot on the spider so more expense to have it separated. He did recommend seeing if I could find a used clutch if possible. So gotta figure out which way I wanna go with it.
Id have your spider get a new bushing. It'd be a cr@p shoot getting a used one. Might need a bushing as well.
Your dealer just didn't want to do it because you can fork a bushing up pretty easily while pressing it in. Get a price from him and pay it up front. That way he'd be hard pressed to charge you for the 2 he screwed up.

they do make 40 gram base weight aftermarket. when i clutched my 01 sx500r, the set-up from the tec pages i used called for the 8ab base weights. i used thundershift 40 gram base weights with excelent results. i know ulmer racing has a 40 gram super tip weights availible as well as i did try to get in contact with him to try and get a set from him. also 40/10 heel clickers too. the nice part about the aftermarket weights is they use screws and washers to add weight witch is nice when tuning them to the sled.

Back