Considering a 98 Venture 600. Thoughts on this sled?

SoDakDave

Hi all, I'm new here so... Hello.

I've been looking for a 2 up for my son and I to take out ice fishing, and I've come across a 98 Venture 600 with 1200 miles on it locally. How are these sleds as far as reliability? Anything particular about these that I need to really look at? I'm pretty new to snowmobiles in general but been watching tons of videos on what to look for in general.

The sled looks to have been taken care of really well, no cracks, no tears... everything looks like it should (from picture). What would you all consider a decent price?

Thanks in advance

Dave

Not sure if the pistons for 98 are updated? If not the ring will catch and destroy the piston and cylinder. It drinks fuel (I have a 97 500 twin) Other than that, should be pretty good. Just clean the carbs, smart carb system and check carb boots.

I did see that issue mentioned and I believe I saw another thread here (like back from 2011) that said the 98 fixed that issue.

As far as the fuel, I'm ok with it being a bit thirsty, I'm really only going to be pulling the flip over across the lake and maybe some farm field goofing off.

I'll have to do some reading up on the smart carb system.

Some are plagued with it, it seems, others not. There are a few passages and sensors that need to be cleaned from time to time from what I understand. The 600 will do 2 mpg better than my 500, even though I have tempaflow on it.

Back