srx 700 tors switch?

i believe the tors switch in throttle on handle bar is bad. how do u replace ? do i have to buy who unit with kill switch on it?

u sure there is not something behind the flipper of the throttle ? i was told there are 2. the cable was were it was supposed to be. so your telling me there is not a contact inside the housing of where the throttle flipper is?

u sure there is not something behind the flipper of the throttle ? i was told there are 2. the cable was were it was supposed to be. so your telling me there is not a contact inside the housing of where the throttle flipper is?

Correct, there is nothing at the flipper, the only thing at the throttle is a thumb warmer and has nothing to do with the TORS. Its all on the rack and can easily be bypassed by plugging the sensor into itself.

i believe the tors switch in throttle on handle bar is bad. how do u replace ? do i have to buy who unit with kill switch on it?

Yes there is a TORS switch in the throttle block, it is actuated by the steel pin that retains the throttle lever. The TORS switch is part of the push pull On/Off switch, you can replace just that switch assembly, not the whole block. You will pretty much have to disassemble the whole throttle block to get the switch out, it's not hard just be careful and pay attention to how it comes apart and to what goes where.

Yes there is a TORS switch in the throttle block, it is actuated by the steel pin that retains the throttle lever. The TORS switch is part of the push pull On/Off switch, you can replace just that switch assembly, not the whole block. You will pretty much have to disassemble the whole throttle block to get the switch out, it's not hard just be careful and pay attention to how it comes apart and to what goes where.

My understanding of that switch is that’s just a cam type slot the when set in the the correct position puts slack in the cable sets off the switch in the rack.

My understanding of that switch is that’s just a cam type slot the when set in the the correct position puts slack in the cable sets off the switch in the rack.

I'm not exactly sure what to make of all that but it sounds like you're indicating there is not an electrical TORS switch in the throttle block.

There are two electrical switches in the TORS system, one at the carburetors and one in the throttle block. All that these switches do is switch between open circuit (no continuity) and closed circuit (continuity). When the sled is in normal operation, one of the switches is in closed circuit "condition" and the other switch is in open circuit "condition". They will change their respective "condition" together (at the same time) when the throttle lever is squeezed (changing its' TORS switch position). When the throttle lever is squeezed it in turn actuates the carburetor (changing its' TORS switch position). The service manual shows this, perhaps explaining it better than I.

Last edited:
I'm not exactly sure what to make of all that but it sounds like you're indicating there is not an electrical TORS switch in the throttle block.

There are two electrical switches in the TORS system, one at the carburetors and one in the throttle block. All that these switches do is switch between open circuit (no continuity) and closed circuit (continuity). When the sled is in normal operation, one of the switches is in closed circuit "condition" and the other switch is in open circuit "condition". They will change their respective "condition" together (at the same time) when the throttle lever is squeezed (changing its' TORS switch position). When the throttle lever is squeezed it in turn actuates the carburetor (changing its' TORS switch position). The service manual shows this, perhaps explaining it better than I.

I guess I have been working on the 4 stroke sleds to long...LOL, all the years messing with the Yamahas and had no idea that it actually had a switch in the throttle block. I am going to rip one apart tonight. I feel like a complete dumb *** now. I have attached the PDF pages for the TORS System from the manual on the SRX.

Attachments

• SRX 700 TORS.pdf
    195.1 KB · Views: 14

Back