Heel clicker tuning

Yamitriple

Alright thanks to sx ray I got a set of heel clickers with a red spring, so my question is, where should I begin? I'm going to get a gram scale tomm to weigh my current weights and I'm gonna use the guidelines that are in tech tips. As far as a helix and secondary spring what can anyone tell me? It's on a sx700 with hauck trip pipes and reed stopper notch besides that all stock. Thanks

pic would help but it sounds like you might have the 2 speed weights.

I called super torque and I do indeed have to 2 speeds, which he said will be much to heavy lol that's okay tho. I'll just have to find a set of the 40-10. Maybe someone on here will be willing to do a trade

I just installed Hauck pipes on mine and with the info included with the pipes, they recommend the Hauck clutch kit #4 to get the most out of your pipes. Try having a look at their site and see what the specs are, would be a good starting point for you. I’m still setting up my clutches or I’d offer my setup.

The setup I have works, it's with 8ch weights a purple primary spring and 51/39 helix but I just want to squeeze a little more out of it through clutching. Wanted to try the heel clickers since people talk highly of them

He has Hauck/CPR pipes, they want 9100 RPM...
but yes, he would want 8600 RPM IF he was stock...

97 sx700 cpr pipes clutching

Sorry to hack the thread but i just got hauk/ cpr pipes and i have no info on what to do for clutching. the sled has a few other mods and runs great and pulls hard with my previous clutching setup but it doesn't rev out to the 9100 i want. i have disassembled the clutch today (need roller bushings) and i have 3 sets of weights to choose from 8CH(44gish 4.5g infirst hole and 3.1 in the tip), 8CR (unkown stock venture 46-46.5) and 8DG (stock off 2000 sxr600 42gish) i can always get rivets and modify if need be. i have stock springs and a 51/43 rx1 helix. Any help will be greatly appreciated as i leave for the UP on Thursday morning.

thatd be awesome sooner is better since i have to run over to the parts store to get the roller bushings and whatever rivets i need on my lunch break or right after work.

1997-99
Primary weight: 8CR 13.3mm rivet inside hole (P.N. 90261-06019-00)
Primary spring: white silver white (P.N. 90501-555J9-00)
Secondary cam: 45 degree (std.)
Secondary spring: green (std.) Pre-load 70 degree (setting 1&6)

You may be able to use your RX1 helix, my buddy does with his setup.
Take both along on your trip to be safe.

Last edited:
What rivet goes in the tip of the weight and any suggestions for jetting once it is revving up that high

Tip stays empty.

Here is what Mr. Viper gave me for those pipes.

"I used 148.8 mains, 47.5 pilots, f/s at 1.5 out, needles at 3.5,3.5,4.0. 9100-9300rpm, 93 octane fuel. So, if you use lower octane fuel youll need to be richer on specs to make it live!"

Tip stays empty.

"I used 148.8 mains, 47.5 pilots, f/s at 1.5 out, needles at 3.5,3.5,4.0. 9100-9300rpm, 93 octane fuel. So, if you use lower octane fuel youll need to be richer on specs to make it live!"

Do you know what the weight in grams the 13.3mm rivet is?

Tip stays empty.

so 3.5 on the needle is that pos 4 (second from bottom with 1 washer under the clip and 4 is pos 4 with 2 washers?

Back