:where-to-buy-clutch-springs

got-wood

Think I need new clutch springs for my 79 Enticer. Secondary is definitely not back-shifting worth a damn. So I figured I would rebuild the primary and put a new spring in the secondary. Anyone know the secondary spring setting? Wind back just one ramp? If it requires more than one, it may be the way I put it together. Where to get new springs? None in the ROYAL DISTRIBUTING CATALOG.

becareful. a lot of those primary springs are being declared obselete. you might have to find the rate and get an aftermarket one that is close. i found out pretty close to when they when obselete, i got lucky and got one off of ebay right away for a spare for my 97 enticer.

Thanks guys. Might have found a secondary spring at a local Yamaha dealer. Computer says they have one in inventory, we'll see. Primary spring is coming up no longer available. Anybody know what the spring rate is on the primary?

Update. Dealer didn't have it. But, found one, secondary, on ebay. Ordered, will see what happens.

I am also looking for this information. Has anyone found an equivalent spring that works. OEM not available. And can’t find EPI conversion. If have spring rate might be able to find an equivalent. Dealer said they have a box of springs we could pull from.

Back