No power at all with key on 2004 SX Viper ER

dostie1

Hey guys! So I recently have gotten the sled out and installed a new battery. All charged up and for some reason when I turn the key on and there's no power. Yes I have tried turning on and off the kill switch. Wiggled some of the wiring with the key to the run position, re checked battery install....nothing. No power to dash or anything. I have ordered a solenoid to see if that's it. I have checked the two fuses on the solenoid and the fuses in the small box next to the battery as well. All seems fine. Not sure if there's anything else I may be missing to look at?

Hey guys! So I recently have gotten the sled out and installed a new battery. All charged up and for some reason when I turn the key on and there's no power. Yes I have tried turning on and off the kill switch. Wiggled some of the wiring with the key to the run position, re checked battery install....nothing. No power to dash or anything. I have ordered a solenoid to see if that's it. I have checked the two fuses on the solenoid and the fuses in the small box next to the battery as well. All seems fine. Not sure if there's anything else I may be missing to look at?

Have you unplugged the ignition harness and look for corrosion?

Check the relay. There will be no power to dash until sled starts. Take a screwdriver and arc the two positive poles together on relay. If it turns over there’s your problem.

I once had this problem on my 02 Viper. It turned out that the connection behind the right foot well/plastic vent cover came apart & I lost all power.

Update! So I received my relay...put it in. That wasn't it. I also removed the harness to the key. Connections seemed fine. I can't get into the key mechanism itself to see the switch is all. I'll have to test it instead. SO I decided to take apart the leather covering on the handle bars yesterday. GUESS WHAT....MICE had chewed one of the wires right off. (FYI I was an Orkin Man for 13 years. Paybacks a bitch!! haha) Looks like it goes to the throttle though. I was able to connect the wire to see if it would still turn on...No luck still. I have a feeling I am going to have to go through the machine with a fine tooth comb to check all my wiring....I ordered a Kaiweets Multimeter on amazon so I can check continuity. @TrueBlue I am going to try to take that vent cover apart to check that area. I'll keep you guys updated as I go.

Back