Mm600 to 700 info

sdviper700

So long story short I sent the rod of my kids mm600 through the case. So motor is shot really made a mess of everything. Question is I've seen alot more redhead 700 motors than redhead 600s, what would all need to be changed to go to a 700 over the 600? Carbs? Pipe?cdi?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

So long story short I sent the rod of my kids mm600 through the case. So motor is shot really made a mess of everything. Question is I've seen alot more redhead 700 motors than redhead 600s, what would all need to be changed to go to a 700 over the 600? Carbs? Pipe?cdi?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

do some looking at part numbers , when i was looking for carb parts for my 700 i believe i saw that they fit both the 700 and 600 with the only difference being the jetting. it would be cheaper to buy a carb kit containing all the jets and gaskets for a 700. the exhaust is the same between the 2 motors

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I did a 600 twin to 700 triple swap in mine.
Easiest way to see what can stay, is go on a parts website and check part numbers to see whats the same.
Some things that come to mind that may be different:
Wiring harness/CDI
Carbs - 600 get a 31mm and 700 get 33 ? cant recall..
jetting
clutching
gearing

Wireing should be the same. Carbs are 31 vs 33mm . CDI have different part numbers but I've interchanged them without noticing any difference. Exhausts are the same, as are engine mounts. Clutch weights and spring will be different as will be chaincase gearing.

Me and my brother own 600 and 700 triple long track Ventures and these have been my observations between them.

Last edited:

Back