2004 Viper S model opinions

Love my S. One thing not mentioned is they have a 1.25" track vs 1", which is a tight fit in the viper chassis. They pulled out the heat exchanger guards to put it in, studding a 1.25" track is a no no unless you drop the cog gear size. Also, some vipers had the steel body non rebuildable skid shocks, not the KYB aluminum threaded rebuildables. Yamaha all the money on the Ohlin eye candy up front but skimped in the rear. I went out and bought some KYB's for mine.

51531074_232890427650631_7560894723192258560_o.jpg

Ive had my '03 since new. likely 6500 miles on it now. only thing ive had fail was the stator and it just developed a crack in the big can by the pipe, but welded easy. in warm weather it would tend to idle hang but the stock idle jets were so damn small i bumped them up two sizes and that fixed the high idle. other than that it has been a VERY RELIABLE SLED.

Right at the beginning I added the 4th exchanger and the motor brace and the low snow wheel kit.

over the years I have changed the skis to the tuner and now looking to change them again to the C&A razors.

I installed a 136" kit with required 8 tooth drivers.

The chain case sprocket was dropped one tooth i believe and the clutch springs and something else was changed (clutching is not my area, I had the guy from Nampa Idaho help me set that all up as it was his 136 kit)

hmm lets see what else. i have 8" risers or is it 6? i can't remember. the bars are different too. the old seat is now a Boss seat and I had the KYB shocked rebuilt. Thats about it. The motor is stock. Been a really good sled to me. Little bastard actually still rips right along. Top end is a little down, closer to 85-90 with the long track now but its un studded and seems to be able to hook up well enough.

Ive had my '03 since new. likely 6500 miles on it now. only thing ive had fail was the stator and it just developed a crack in the big can by the pipe, but welded easy. in warm weather it would tend to idle hang but the stock idle jets were so damn small i bumped them up two sizes and that fixed the high idle. other than that it has been a VERY RELIABLE SLED.

Right at the beginning I added the 4th exchanger and the motor brace and the low snow wheel kit.

over the years I have changed the skis to the tuner and now looking to change them again to the C&A razors.

I installed a 136" kit with required 8 tooth drivers.

The chain case sprocket was dropped one tooth i believe and the clutch springs and something else was changed (clutching is not my area, I had the guy from Nampa Idaho help me set that all up as it was his 136 kit)

hmm lets see what else. i have 8" risers or is it 6? i can't remember. the bars are different too. the old seat is now a Boss seat and I had the KYB shocked rebuilt. Thats about it. The motor is stock. Been a really good sled to me. Little bastard actually still rips right along. Top end is a little down, closer to 85-90 with the long track now but its un studded and seems to be able to hook up well enough.

Nice!

One question... Why did you need 8 tooth drivers when you stretched it to a 136" long track? Is it because of a much larger lug size?

Back