Viper steaming from tunnel

TylerG11

Quick question I just bought an 02 viper. After cleaning the carbs and replacing a broken power valve I took it around the yard. It seems to run great, but it steams a lot from the tunnel. Is that normal, there is no rear heat exchanger only the crossover tube. Thanks for any help!

More info needed. Where exactly was the steam coming from? Was there snow? Could the hyfaxes have gotten hot and been causing the steam? Was it just steam from snow hitting the heat exchanger underneath the sled? My Mnt. Viper has heat exchangers the whole length underneath the foot rails, does your short track have that too? They will also steam.

Thanks for the reply. Yes they have heat exchangers the whole length of the footboards. There was not
Much snow as I was just making sure everything was good with the sled. Never thought of it being the hyfaxs could have been but looked as if it was coming from the heat exchanger area along the footboards and back by the crossover tube.

Steam coming from under your tunnel is fairly normal. If it's not throwing a temp code, smell like coolant, or coolant level low, I wouldn't worry about it

Back