Are All ProActions Created Equally?

MBllnr

Are all proaction rear suspension bearings the same? I personally have a 98 SRX with a Viper skid in it. The reason for the change was broken rails on the original. A couple years ago I replaced all the bearings on the skid. Now my dad's back up sled is a 2001 Venture 500. I am looking to borrow the 500 for a weekend but dad says the skid need rebuilt. Can I just buy bearings or do I have to buy new wheels? I haven't gone to pick the sled up from him yet so I haven't checked the wheels to see if rebuild-able. My next question is where is a good, cheap, reliable place to get the bearings? I know that you can get bearings anywhere these days but looking for GOOD ones. Thanks in advance TY members.

All Venture wheel bearings are replaceable. I run NSK and usually get 5000+ miles out of them. I just buy them at my local bearing supplier.

Last edited:
you might be able to get away with just repacking the bearings with new grease othern than the small ones on the top. those can be a pita.

Does anyone know what the bearing numbers are for the suspension on a 2001 Venture? Unfortunately Yamaha doesn't show this on the fiche. They want me to buy the wheel and bearing ***'y.

A couple of bucks, what would the bearing for the larger wheels on the rear axle be?

Those are 6205s. But yours looks to be a one piece design. Which cannot be serviced. They molded the bearing into the wheel. The bearing cannot be removed w/o destroying the wheel itself.
Put a "WANTED" add up in the classifieds for ??" serviceable skid wheels/bogies that takes a 6205 bearing.

Last edited:
My srx does have replaceable bearings. I'm inquiring about a 2001 venture. So for the venture I have to buy new 1 piece wheels?

everyone replaces the non servicable wheels with aftermarket ones that are servicable. i tend to use kimpex ones but have used take off wheels from apex's and rs ventures.

A couple bucks, you are correct and after thinking about it I climbed up in the rafters and found my old SRX wheels and grabbed new bearings for them. I'm still in the process of cleaning my carbs, tank and engine bay on the SRX then I get to dig in to dad's sled. Thank you all for all the help. This site and group of people are amazing!
Mike

Back