Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: What's a good 4 stroke alternative to the 2001/2 era SRX?

Quote Originally Posted by low slung View Post
    544lbs Dry......Wet over 600 or close..
    not as much as weight difference as some would think. i see someone mentioned above the srx is about 540. you also have to consider here you have added weight from a longer track and tunnel. if someone were to have a long tracked srx the wet weight would be closer. plus the fact that the viper has reverse and electric start to add weight, i didnít think they are all that heavy ď for what you get ď in comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Senior Member ProStock low slung's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kastner03 View Post
    not as much as weight difference as some would think. i see someone mentioned above the srx is about 540. you also have to consider here you have added weight from a longer track and tunnel. if someone were to have a long tracked srx the wet weight would be closer. plus the fact that the viper has reverse and electric start to add weight, i didn’t think they are all that heavy “ for what you get “ in comparison

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    If the SRX had E start and a longer track the weight would be close.My 04 RXwarrior is 680 wet,my 14 Phazer RTX is 552 wet so the fourstroke could lose 15-20 lbs if no need for E start but thats dreaming.Remembering i guy i knew locally in the late 1990s stating the mountain SRX needed $10000CDN of mods to make it any good in the rocky mountains of British Columbia where he worked.

Quote Originally Posted by Mac View Post
    New viper weight 544 lbs.

Attachment 65613
    Close in weight maybe, nowhere near close in power. Unless its boosted, those new Vipers are real turds. Easily spanked by my redhead
    AKA MikeXTX

Had many a SRX. Went to a Turbo'd Viper and now a Sidewinder. Set up right the Procross chassis handles pretty darn good. Alot of people just don't take the time to set them up right. Not much is going to out handle a SRX on a tight groomed trail but I'm faster overall pretty much everwhere on my Sidewinder, especially when you throw in some bumps.
    I just post here to hear myself type

The Sidewinder is the first Yamaha that has aroused my yearning since the end of the 2 stroke triples. I have to believe that almost 20 years of engineering and technology since has produced an amazing machine. I think you are correct in the fellow riding with us probably did not have the chassis set up for what we rode as he was from the "flat-lands". Plus, we had home field advantage and knew the trails. The whole ordeal got me wondering thus I asked the question. Appreciate your insight.
    They always run best just before the melt down.

Quote Originally Posted by WildMax View Post
    The Sidewinder is the first Yamaha that has aroused my yearning since the end of the 2 stroke triples. I have to believe that almost 20 years of engineering and technology since has produced an amazing machine. I think you are correct in the fellow riding with us probably did not have the chassis set up for what we rode as he was from the "flat-lands". Plus, we had home field advantage and knew the trails. The whole ordeal got me wondering thus I asked the question. Appreciate your insight.
    They have their issues but really nothing that can't be overcome. Some people blow belts bad. I'm running Hurricane tunes with Ulmer clutching and have yet to blow a belt. The stock skis are absolute garbage in my opinion and push dangerously. They didn't have snotrackers for them when I switched to Curves so maybe they can be made to turn with snotrackers. Mines the 17 ltx le so I have the premium QS3r's. Only thing I did was switch to a heavier center shock spring this year. Other than that the cat chaincase has its quirks and needs annual inspection and driveline bearings need annual inspection, typical preventative maintenance goes a long ways
    I just post here to hear myself type

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12