600 Red head motor

sdviper700

I'm having a heck of a time finding a 600 red head motor for sale. I'd hate to junk the sled (2001 mm600) it's in great shape. Any suggestions where to look?

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

Is the bottom end good ?
If so, throw on some 700 cylinders, pistons, carbs ect.
They are more readily available than the 600 stuff.
Or just buy new Yamaha stuff.

What parts do you need ?

Rod went through the case, so no bottom end is shot. I need bottom end, 1 cylinder, head. Putting in new pistons also.

I think you can use a 700 bottom end? I'm sure you can find a cylinder and a the head on ebay. Also a dirt cheap piston kit that is eveh teflon coated. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think can have caused this to happen?

I think you can use a 700 bottom end? I'm sure you can find a cylinder and a the head on ebay. Also a dirt cheap piston kit that is eveh teflon coated. If you don't mind me asking, what do you think can have caused this to happen?
As near as I can tell the center piston was cold scored, motor locked up after that he broke it loose with a bar on the clutch and kept riding it. It lasted a few more miles and absolutely grenaded. Would have been no big deal if he wouldn't have got it loose and kept riding but he doesnt have any mechanical ability and had no idea it could cause more issues. This is my uncle's sled I am just fixing it for him. I have pics if I can figure out how to upload them.....
cbbfcccbf06346fe8674429596e77a0c.jpg
e7683e6783b22af001e047eb30f9fd1c.jpg
c75a54c7eeeaa60496dc389ff860aeb8.jpg

Back