Yamaha Phazer RTX spark plug change

JWN30

Hi everyone,

Has any one changed the spark plugs on an RTX Phazer? I know the seat and gas tank has to come off... how do I do that? Thank you for the help!

John

Pretty simple,did my 2014 RTX last week(Chasing poor octane gas:rulez:)The two stroke side will give you great info..10mm socket needed mostly.

pretty simple. there is a bolt on each side of the seat at about the middle you need to remove to start with. the rest is fairly straightforward for pulling the fuel tank.

pulling seat and gas tank to change spark plugs ??

I like my 2 strokes better all the time.. Lol

well, usually the plugs do not get changed for 10,000 mi on a 4 stroke. the 09 rtx i had got them changed chasing a missfire at around 8000 mi. my 11 apex got done at around the same point becasue i wanted to see what they looked like.

pulling seat and gas tank to change spark plugs ??

I like my 2 strokes better all the time.. Lol

I miss that now(With there simple steering system),installed yamaha phazer steering kit(Bearings).after a few cross-country rides now way,way more slop than before:whine:.Blizzard here tomorrow so my phazer will be inside by a woodstove trying to tighten this cluster f**k.

Pretty simple,did my 2014 RTX last week(Chasing poor octane gas:rulez:)The two stroke side will give you great info..10mm socket needed mostly.

Correction,the four-stroke side has better info for your sled but hey,different strokes for different folks....;)!

Back