Changing Cylinder Gasket - 02 SX Viper

naleuer

VIP Member
Hello again. Does anyone have the instructions for how to replace the cylinder gasket? I want to get that changed out and check everything out. If you don't have them do you know how I could get them?

Thanks!

No. I'm replacing one of the Cylinders. So I was just looking for a guide on how to do the lower gasket correctly. I figured I might as well do that while I'm replacing a cylinder.

No. I'm replacing one of the Cylinders. So I was just looking for a guide on how to do the lower gasket correctly. I figured I might as well do that while I'm replacing a cylinder.
Was the source of you mental noise caused by a bad cylinder?

It was the manifold I believe. Cracked pretty good. I can't be 100% sure until I get the cylinder replaced. The manifold bolts broke off internally and I can't get them out at all. I'm just going to replace the cylinder. Does anyone have the instructions or a write up or know of a reputable place to get a service manual?

The lower gasket should be fine. I did this same thing, Took cylinder to a machine shop and they got the broken studs out no problem. I then cleaned base gasket and cylinder bottom really well and used some copper spray on gasket and cylinder base. Torque to spec and you should be good. I never had a problem and it’s still in our fleet with over 11000 mi. Like maim said vip is $15 and one of the benefits are the manuals and supporting the best Yamaha site out there.

Back