Help! Heel Clicker Shoulder weight makes slight contact with roller!?

Yamidude

I have my clutch all back together and was ready to put it back on the sled until I realized that in the stationary position the shoulder weight (washers) make slight contact with the roller. In order to get 5 grams on (per Mr. Viper700) the shoulder I had to use 6 washers and 1 lock washer. Which seems like a lot. Needless to say, even if I used 3 washers it still would touch. Should I be concerned about this? I assume the second the engine is started the centrifugal force will move the washers directly away from the roller. Maybe I’m paranoid...but I want it to be safe. Thanks in advance!2962B14C-4067-4BF5-A835-B2105E2DE18C.jpg

I always grind the washers so they will clear the roller completly. The most I can get on the weight is 5,2 grams with using larger washers on top, but they are a pain in the *** to get to line up properly.

I always grind the washers so they will clear the roller completly. The most I can get on the weight is 5,2 grams with using larger washers on top, but they are a pain in the *** to get to line up properly.

I see where that would be a pain! Currently I have 5.1 grams on the shoulder with 6 small washers and the lock washer. The only concern I have is the limited amount of screw thread into the shoulder. I cranked it in as tight as possible and with the locktite I'm hoping its safe. The best part was putting the spring cover on and I caught the edge of the bushing a ripped out the mesh (paid to have another overnight)! WOW! Sometimes I wonder why I'm adding stress to my already stressful life! lol

just file or use a Dremel and touch the edge of the washers so they don't have contact, it wont be enough weight removed to effect anything. it will only be the bottom few washers as the rest of the heel moves away from the roller, its just from the hardware being stamped and not exact.

Filed it down with a small file and they move freely with out touching the roller. Just the bottom three washers were touched. Thanks for the advise guys!

Back