1978 250B Yamaha

sammywhammy978

New here so hopefully in the right spot...I just got this 250 and it worked ok but then lost spark so we change ignition coil,points ,condenser and it seemed like that was it and then no spark again so we got a multi meter and check the coil on the stator and it was 2.4 but I have no specs so wondering if this was high/low and the coil is the problem,Thx

Last edited:

have you tried re grounding the chassis to the engine? problem with all the old enticers that i have run into.

So we installed a cable from the bulkhead engine mount bolt to the engine housing by the rewind and nothing. Need some specs for this machine so I can check around with a multimeter...starting to think it could only be the coil on the stator but no numbers to go by. Check every day hoping someone will have the procedure and numbers for this old 78 250B,Thx

Last edited:
Thx for your reply but as I said all of that stuff is brand new and we checked and had spark then a couple days later no spark again...looking for specs to check the coil on the stator,pulsar or whatever its called beside the lighting coil

Back