2000 srx bog

ttr

Having problems with the sled bogging cleaned and and adjusted power valves, no luck. Went to change fuel filter found out it was broken off the fuel line. Replaced filter cleaned carburators and the fuel pump.test run again ran perfect for about 10 minutes then started doing same thing again. Clutches are fine.could a stator do this? Idles fine but starts to bog(sounds like two cylinders) after 6800 to 7000 rpms.sled is meticulously maintained but I’m getting stumped on this one

When you take her back down to an idle nail it hard will rev right out go hard for about 300 feet then bog again

To try to narrow it down to a cylinder(if in fact it is a cylinder dedicated issue), after a time when it is running all cr@ppy & sh!t .... hit the kill switch and see if there is any color difference w/ all the plugs.

To try to narrow it down to a cylinder(if in fact it is a cylinder dedicated issue), after a time when it is running all cr@ppy & sh!t .... hit the kill switch and see if there is any color difference w/ all the plugs.
Just heading out to the shop I have a spare coil pack think I will just change it out see what happens

Has the wiring harness under the motor ever been addressed and put in a wire loom?
Well found a green red stripe wire rubbed through by the enriched thought I had it,no luck changed the coil pack out, no luck. But it is getting worse found that cylinder by pto side is warm whereas the other two are hot. All three cylinders have the same spark. I would say it’s fuel now but why does it run perfect when you first start up and go? Compression is 120 straight across hot.

Well found a green red stripe wire rubbed through by the enriched thought I had it,no luck changed the coil pack out, no luck. But it is getting worse found that cylinder by pto side is warm whereas the other two are hot. All three cylinders have the same spark. I would say it’s fuel now but why does it run perfect when you first start up and go? Compression is 120 straight across hot.

I’m 100% sure I found the problem. Figured I better pull out carbs again and clean them.this time I pulled out the needle and the cylinder that the needle sits in. I have never done this in my 27 years of owning Yamaha triples. Didn’t realize there is a screen in there and they were unbelievably full of a lot of shit, don’t even know how the sled even ran. Makes sense now why it ran fine till you really giver.

Back