New here , looking for some help.

Private_SNAFU

i need to replace the driver sprockets on my 98 srx and found a deal on a complete drive shaft of a 04 viper.
the part numbers are different but the drivers are all the same part numbers, aswell as the bearing part numbers.

from what i gather in this post they are compatable with the exception of the manual cable speedometer.
https://totallyamaha.net/showthread.php/80171-SRX-and-Viper-driveshaft-and-drivers

i was wondering if there is any way to get the manual cable to work with this shaft. if not some help tracking down a conversion kit to digital as BETHEVIPER mentioned in the post would be greatly appriciated.

thanks.

Cant answer your question, but if it doesnt work out, I have a shaft with drivers from a 98 SRX

the viper driveshaft is threaded on speedo end to retain the reluctor wheel, it isn't the same as the cable drive srx is. the drivers are the same, you can press off the drivers and they will interchange, or just get a srx driveshaft, all the same from 98-02, also the sx and sxr driveshafts will also interchange as they use the 9 tooth drivers and cable speedo drive as well. all the proaction chassis sled stuff will work as long as its the same drivers.

Back