Airbox/carb removal 2001 venture 600

Stonebridge

Hi guys, anyone have a protip for how to remove the carbs the easiest way on a redhead triple? Both the coils and cdi with harness is bolted on the airbox and seems a lot of work just to be able to pull the carbs out to clean them.

Their is no super simple way, but the best brake down of it is,

Remove coils, cdi, harness, carb heater valve off the air box. Unscrew and remove the top section of the air box, then the bottom half can be removed after loosening the carb clamps . Then you ll have full access to your carbs.

Reassembly is easiest following these same steps in reverse. After a few times you ll be able to have your carbs out in less then 10 min.

Last edited:
Wow man, you must be a pro! I took the time, and it took me 48 minutes to get the carbs completly off. Took a few hours to put them on, lining the carb boots perfectly to the airbox again..

Wow man, you must be a pro! I took the time, and it took me 48 minutes to get the carbs completly off. Took a few hours to put them on, lining the carb boots perfectly to the airbox again..

Sorry

I ment have the air box removed and have access to your carbs in 10 min...

48 min??
Good lord....
I can have the air box and carbs off in 5 min. If pressed.....
10 min if i’m drinking a cup of coffee while doing it, lol

You sure must be a pro. I struggle with the fuel lines, the carb heat lines and what not.

I do it a lot.
Having new factory fuel lines, and the right angled needle nose pliers for the clamps go alooong way towards making it easy and quick.

Angled nose pliers, maybe I should get a set. But yes the old lines are a pain in the a..

I don't remove the coils and cdi box, I leave them attached to the top of the air box and pull it out as one. Saves a lot of time, but then again I have a 97 so no carb heater lines to deal with.

I second what Vincent says. I leave all my cables attached to the carbs. I remove that air box the same way. I can have the carbs out in about the same time. But yes, the first few times took me about the same as you. Don't be discouraged. You will get faster. If I'm pressed, 35-45mins I can have the carbs cleaned. That's from helmet of to helmet back on again. Oye, that day made me mad.

Back