Drive shaft... cog wheels

Seth437

Hey guys, I have been having a track ratcheting issues my 98 SRX 700 and I think I may have found the problem. I have to have my track very tight to stop it from jumping over the cog under power. I put a new track (hacksaw) last year with 244 studs and the problem continues. I got under there this weekend and noticed that the outer cog wheels apear to be spread to far apart and are only grabbing about 1/3 of the track luging each side if even that. Maybe somewhere between a 1/4 and a 1/3 of the lug. Is there any way that those wheels could move on the shaft. It doesn’t look like it has moved as there are no marking on the shaft that would make me think it moved. Is it possible to move them? Any help would be great

Last edited:

You can slack your track off, and use a pry bar to reposition them. Then install gear clamps to tighten them down onto the shaft cause otherwise they will move back out.

Last edited:
Ok. I’ll try that. I tried moving them but I did not loosen the track before hand so I will try that and cross my fingers.

Thank you Vincent

Ok. Thanks for the heads up. Has anyone ever used window drive cogs. Any luck with those??

Yes I have the kimpex 9 in anti ratchet drivers on my 98.They work well and will never slip anymore.Just have the drive cogs turned down about 3/8 on a lathe or they will hit the proaction front shaft.TRUST ME I went with this for support on the shaft after breaking 2 from jumping.

Attachments

• 552743_524830330896102_879802733_n.jpg
    552743_524830330896102_879802733_n.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 1

Back