97 vmax sx700 shocks

Alindse6

Does anyone know if I can put the front shocks from a 97 xtc on my 97 sx. They are a couple inches longer or would I have to change other stuff

Can’t remember if the radius arms are longer or not. Theoretically you can but would mess up the rear unless you long traveled whole skid. One thing always effects another.

you can, but everything will have the wrong geometry.
Radius rods, steering rods, front sway bar, trailing arms, both rear suspension shocks and limiter straps, transfer rod spacers
all need to be replaced to do it correctly.

Been a while but I seem to remember that the sx sleds had a bracket for the upper shock mount that if removed allowed you to press in a bushing and run the clevis top shocks from the viper (or whatever model had them) with minimal other messing around.

Yes, they use the same bulkhead, but everything I said still holds true.
I have done it, and bent everything in the front end from doing it.

I parted out a 97 xtc 600. Has the same exact skid as my sx same trailering arms same everything besides the front shocks are a couple inches longer

Would I in turn be able to take the front end parts from the xtc put them on the sx or would I have to mess with the skid also? I used the trailering arms off the xtc on my sx they were same exact everything I measured to a tee. My sx sits too low and pushes the snow when I ride off trail.

Yes, trailing arms are interchangeable.
Look at the trailing arm by the grease zerk. You will see a letter stamped on them.
They will not be the same between the SX and XTC.
The angles are different. Trust me.
XTC is wider. So if you swap trailing arms, all 4 radius rods and the 2 steering rods, then it will be correct.

In the rear,, you will need to swap both rear shocks and the limiter straps, as they need to be longer as well.

Last edited:
Its not that bad, I have a Viper suspension under my 97 SX. I have done the front and rear. I just put a whole viper skid in. Sits nice and tall now. But as mentioned previously you need to change the whole front or it will not ride right.

Back