Infrared tube heaters

Lowlife

So im going to bite the bullet on some tube heaters this summer and was looking for a good source of info. EX: emitter tube material, single vs 2stage, 1 80kbtu vs 2 40s etc

Any first hand experience is helpful as well. I tend to research things to death and tried to find some good unbiased sites. I want the unbiased info first then based on that will decide on a mfg.

Figured here was a good place to come since there may be some nice shops here. And since its hard to snowmobile without cold....well .....I worked as a mechanic in a previous life and the infrared were oh so nice. My reznor forced air has been working hard for over 20 years and I wished I would have made this decision many years ago. Actually if I wasn't such an idiot I should have heated the concrete with a boiler....oh well. TIA

Do some real research on them before you by. The company I worked for about 25 years ago installed some in a truck repair shop. The owner of that shop actually told my boss what he wanted. The problem started when it got down to about +10 degrees. They are radiant heaters and heat objects, not so much the air, unless they've changed a lot since we put those in. I know the guys working on those trucks hated them because when you're laying on a creeper under the truck ya freeze your butt off. We ended up putting in a blast furnace in that shop the very first winter.

Back