2000 Srx 700 power valve servo code help

Srx007

Hi all

As stated I am having trouble with powervalve servo code, even with a known good servo. Stator checks fine, but another thing that trouble me is that when I went through the wiring harness from CDI up I found a splice that idk if it's supposed to be there as it ties in the grip warmer, servo and something else, haven't gotten that far yet. Grip warmer is unplugged as well. I have been through the harness before, under engine, lighting, steering column, under seat, but I can't find solution yet, I have lost a CDI to this and beginning to loose patience, have been driving this sled for 6 years now, have replaced voltage rectifier, and load control relay in the past as well. Any help welcome. I will load pic of splice.

Update, the 3 wired that are spliced go to servo, grip warmer, and throttle position sensor. Grip warmer unplugged no code, servo unplugged get a code for servo problem, TPS un plugged get a code for TPS and NO servo code. Plug TOS back in and get a servo code...wth... dont have my manual on me right now so I can't check TPS nor do I know how to. the 3 items are spliced together and go back to CDI as 1 wire, that is wrong isn't it...

As stated in the title, powervalve servo motor fault code, odd thing is that I get the same fault code with a known good servo, tried a different CDI and get the same powervalve servo fault code, wires going to servo are good. While tracing wires I found the grip warmer, servo and Throttle Position Sensor are tied together, probably a signal wire. Unplugged the grip warmer, started sled and got a servo fault code, left grip
warmer unplugged and unplugged the servo and ofcourse got a servo falut code. I then plugged the servo back in unplugged the TPS and got a tps fault code. And then of course plugged everything back in a went straight back to square one.

Before all this happened I did get a servo falut code while I was riding on a lake, I didnt stop as I a should have because u wasn't far from home, like 3 minutes, and ended up losing my original CDI. I just find it odd that while all 3 are plugged in I get a servo fault but if I unplug the tps I dont get a servo fault which is the start of my problem. Mind you 1 of the time si started the sled a different fault code started but then just jumped right back to servo. Oh and every time I started I did get the usual 3 blinking lights then after a few seconds fault codes. I think the different code was the beginning of the tos fault code as the temp light didnt flash in short bursts but instead had a long pause, short blip then servo fault came back.

I am going to be taking the magneto off and see if its rusty, as I haven't been able to store my srx indoors the last few seasond and have noticed the sled has become more and more sluggish to start after each season stored outdoors, but after a few rides peps back up again. This didnt occur to me in the beginning but it's always good to check things over.

OK, just trying to help. Looking at the wiring diagram, the grip warmers and thumb warmer come out of the CDI and then through the ignition switch. The variable resister (for temp control) comes out of the CDI and is spliced into both the TPS and servo motor. Do you have the wiring diagram? Are there splices from someone messing around or is everything factory?

Northern srx thanks for the response. Yes I have downloaded the manual onto my new phone which includes the diagrams and no it doesn't seem that anyone has tampered with the wiring. Oh 1 other thing is that on my 00 only has a variable resistor that controls both the thumb and grip warmers, 01 and 02 have the separate controls for thumb and grip, thx. I'll be checking the ignition switch as well now. Hard to find time to go over everything..

Last edited:

Back