New SRX 700 owner. vin?

jarin12ga

I got a really good deal on a 2000 yamaha SRX 700. I couldn't pass it up for $300. I'm rebuilding the carbs and had a bend trailer arm.Which I already bought for $80 NP!! I bought it from a friend of mine,so I know its not blown up.The compression is perfect too. The vin# is 8DW-006668 . From what ive read this is sort of a custom ordered model which had better front shocks and other little update, Can some experts please chime in? Is this a 2000 and what can you tell me about it. I'm more a bike guy of all types. I Just begun to expand my knowledge on sleds. Thanks guys

The only option would have been the Ohlins shocks on the front, and the Ohlins sticker to the left of the handlebars on the hood.
You got a hell of a deal at $300 if the motor is good. Just a good motor is worth $700 to $1,000.

Year?

The only option would have been the Ohlins shocks on the front, and the Ohlins sticker to the left of the handlebars on the hood.
You got a hell of a deal at $300 if the motor is good. Just a good motor is worth $700 to $1,000.

Does anyone know the year from the vin I gave??

the vin numbers did not go to 17 digits until the year 2002, before that they are like yours posted, 9 digits.

the 2000 srx is easy to id, it has bold grey/silver srx on sides of hood, a blue guage pod with dual bulb headlight(only year srx to have blue), single thumb/hand warmer adjustment knob, seat has black side bolsters and blue rear, blue dash vents above footwells, blue handlebar pad. Theres even more I could list but that's at least the external stuff off top of my head.

Im 99% sure its a 2000. Its at the shop now. The carbs are being rebuilt,but I'm very excited to wait to start cleaning and working on it for next season.

Ugh.
The end of riding season is a great time to buy a used sled and get a good price on it from folks that want to get a newer one or don't want to store it through the summer...but horrible having a new toy that you can't ride for a whole season!
Can you say "grass drags!"
I feel for you having to wait until next season, been there.

Lol

Ugh.
The end of riding season is a great time to buy a used sled and get a good price on it from folks that want to get a newer one or don't want to store it through the summer...but horrible having a new toy that you can't ride for a whole season!
Can you say "grass drags!"
I feel for you having to wait until next season, been there.

That's ok!! It gives me time to learn the machine,and get some hands on experience.In Western Ma, we haven't had much snow anyways. Its got a huge chipmunks nest under the hood now. Defiantly needs some TLC. But the price was right. It does have the Ohlins shocks and the heads have 00 stamped on it. So Im glad about the year. There're definitely the desired year model. Its still one of the fastest production sleds ever made, even in today's standards!! The Carbs are off, and im cleaning up. I enjoy working on it when I can ....

Back