Looking for a better ride quality for my next sled - need help

rkkoeb

So I have an older Yamaha, 99 Vmax 500 Deluxe and have been riding it for a few years now. Wife said I can upgrade my sled this year so looking for something newer. I just drove my friends 2014 Skidoo with the Rmotion rear skid and it was amazing ride quality. I want to stay with Yamaha and looking for something that will provide me as good or better ride than what I rode with the Skidoo. Budget is around $5K and must are electric start and reverse. Would be nice to have a high wind shield and mirrors. I am open to either a 2 stroke or 4 stroke machine but I don't want something that is going to be heavy. any suggestion would be great.

Rick

go with an rs venture or vector. it will be peppy enough for you and a pretty good ride once you get it set. added bonus, you will love the fuel milage as they average 16-25 mpg depending on driver and conditions. do not be scared of high miles on a 4 stroke as the sled i reccomended can easily hit 99000 mi with proper maintenece.

try for 12 and up if you can as they had power steering. 2010 was when they went fuel injected on the rs. the carb ones are still good but there was an up date that had to be checked on 05-07 (i think) but they are all good.

I heard these sled are very heavy compared to the two stroke sleds Is this correct?

Of course 4 strokes are heavier than 2 strokes but if you're just riding groomed trails you won't feel the difference. I came off a 98 VMAX 700 DLX and now I'm on a 2006 Attak and I couldn't be happier. With a $5000 budget you could buy one hell of a nice used 4 stroke with EPS

2013- newer skidoo renegade. I made the jump to a 2015 renegade X 800 after my sxr got written off and have been happy.

So my wife has restricted my budget as my current snowmobile has not sold. I am now have a budget of about $3500 max so with that said I will most likely end of with something around 2005 range? What I need to understand more is what is the difference between these sleds and what models/years I should stay away from: Again ride quality is the most important and also needs to have electric start and reverse.

- Apex
- RX1
- Vector
- Venture
- Apex Attack

So my wife has restricted my budget as my current snowmobile has not sold. I am now have a budget of about $3500 max so with that said I will most likely end of with something around 2005 range? What I need to understand more is what is the difference between these sleds and what models/years I should stay away from: Again ride quality is the most important and also needs to have electric start and reverse.

- Apex
- RX1
- Vector
- Venture
- Apex Attack

if you're serious about doing something soon I have a very nice 06 Attak that I have had the suspension gone through, new battery and new snowtrackers to make it drive awesome! I hate the thought of getting rid of it but I just don't have the time or energy anymore so send me a PM if you're interested

My buddies and I have 2006 and 2007 Apex and Attaks. Both with over 12000 miles and he just got one with power steering. He isn't sure which one he like better. I'd second with a $3500 budget, get and Attak or a regular Apex. They wont let you down!

x2 on the 136. Although one of the guys that rides with us has a 121 and it rides very well too. It has a little more top end.

Don't let the weight scare you. It has more than enough power to move and move fast. Also don't let one ride scare you off if it does not feel right. I rode a 02 viper and then went to the Attak. In the first mile of driving it on the trails, I drove off trail. Not one of my better moments. It took me a few rides to get it dialed in. Changing one thing at a time until it rode and railed for me. Now, when I go ride, I hold every sled I ride too it, and I have only found one that comes close, the Sidewinder. There is only 2 things that hold me from changing. 1. I have heard that the reliability is not the same as an Apex and the second is funds. Right now, when I upgrade to a new sled, it will be another Apex.

Just my 2 cents

So is the Apex a much better sled than the Vector? I know if has a larger motor but what about the suspension? I see a ton of Vectors for sale and seems like they are cheaper than the Apex but look pretty much the same style body.

Back