Seems to be injection oil/fuel mixture leaking around water pump housing redhead 700

lil3incher

Rushoon, Newfoundland and Labrador, Canada
I recently posted similar thread, since then I removed exhaust and manifold, thinking possibly it was leaking around the manifold gasket, cleaned and sanded manifold and exhaust ports, reinstalled but still leaking, I have a picture just for reference, circled area when it is leaking, any suggestions or possibly someone else has seen thisYamaha-700-Triple-Running-Engine-Motor-2000-Vmax.png

Sounds like the water pump oil shaft seal, which sits behind the mechanical water pump seal, has failed and is letting the oil from the drive gear area leak out of the weep hole in the housing.

you will need to pull the water pump cover, impeller, mechanical seal then the oil seal and then replace the 2 seals and re assemble. be careful not to touch the mechanical seal mating surfaces when reinstalling.

How bad is it leaking? if its pouring out of there then that gear cavity will be lacking oil. If its just a drip here and there you're probably fine.

Back