How to clean/rebuild carbs on 600sx

mtnbkr738

Hi all,
I'm a newbie-- anyone have a good link to a recommended video on cleaning carbs on vmax600sx?
any help is appreciated before i get started!

thx!!
dan

I did try this, but it didn't solve all my problems. Seems like the gunk was deeper in there than I could get at, drove 40 km and some of it came out. Also there were other issues with the carbs, it's now at a real mechanic. LOL.

Real mechanic ??
You been on here alooong time!
You should be a REAL mechanic by now ! Lol

Kleen Flo heavy duty parts cleaner is the only solution I have found to work if the carbs are very dirty. Do not put rubber in this solution however.

I guess I should have been. I am an educated economist. I've always been afraid to tear into the carbs, knowing there are so many small parts in there. I tend to strip threads and break pieces and scratch things when I try to be a mechanic, not good when doing carbs. LOL. However, clutching i can do!

i learned many years ago from that exact same write up vincent. was gonna suggest it, but you beat me to it. its a good write up

Do not be intimidated by those carbs. I was and then I dove right in. Follow the pics and instructions as noted above. Take your time and it will all go well. I had to do mine twice. LOL. The second time took almost half as long to do. Then you will not have to pay a mechanic to do it and you become one with the sled.

I don't understand at all how to synchronize them or how to adjust float bowl height. I tried many times to understand this, I just don't get it. I will bend something out of shape for sure. Even the fuel mixture screws I couldn't get right, my mechanic said they were off by a full turn
when I thought I had them spot on. I just don't get what "snug" tight means even, yes I looked it up, but no idea still what it means in practice.

Last edited:
All you do is bottom them out "gently" and turn the X amount out.... My 700 are set to 1.75 turns.. My brother 600 are 2.25 turns out.

Your reality must be different than everyone elses ! Lol
One full turn plus one half turn is 1.5 turns out.
That's about as easy as it gets!

I got the sled back, now I have to re-clutch it. Pulls top rpm at half throttle compared to prior to cleaning.

Back